Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Here We Go Again

It has been a while since my last post; almost four years to be exact, but here I am. Here I am starting over, and my starting line is miles back from where I previously started. Nevertheless, I have to start somewhere right.

What does this mean, “starting over”? Heck if I know! I know I lack discipline. I do not exercise as often as I should. I am an emotional eater, which means my mood determines the quantity and quality of the foods I eat. I am just all over the place when it comes to my health. If I am starting over, where do I start? Which area do I tackle first, all at the same time? In theory that sounds good, but my reality says differently. Oh I know, change my reality. Hmmm okay.

Here is an idea. As I said in an earlier post, I focus more on my work than I do on my health. Maybe I should treat my health as if it is a job. I make time for my job (intentional or not). I work over-time to make sure I get the job done, which means waking up early or going to bed late. I even sacrifice weekends and holidays for my work. I know there is a result – my paycheck; however, that is not why I am this way about my work. I am this way because I like to produce quality work, and because my name is attached to my work. Therefore, I am going to treat my health like my job, because my life is attached to my health.

So, what does starting over mean, and where do I start? I start by punching the clock! Yeah, it is time to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment