Saturday, April 30, 2011

Encouragement

This week did not turn out to be too bad. I did break down and eat eight buffalo chicken wings, and they were finger licking good. But that was the only fried food I had all week. I am pretty proud of myself.  With the help of a very close friend, I was able to eat a healthy lunch all week. It is feels good to have someone help you through the tough times, and the first week is always the roughest (for me at least).

My husband has decided that we should clean out our pantry and start over. He said if I have to change my diet, then they should too. Considering both of our family medical histories, starting now would be a good idea. Especially since Devin has this fixation with Jack in the Box, Leah has to have her noodles, and he has to have his Whataburger. We shall see how that turns out. He said he was going to give up beef with me, but yeah that did not happen. His intentions are good, and his heart is in the right place though.

Things just seem to be less stressful when you feel like you are not doing it alone, or carrying the burden by yourself. Getting support from a friend, or your family, can take you a long way. I do not think I would have gotten this boost if I was not serious about my efforts. No one is going to help you if you are not willing to help yourself, right?

I know I am only fighting cholesterol, and I put myself into this situation, but support is needed regardless of the disease or the addiction (self-inflicted or not).This battle seems to be much easier knowing I have support coming from all directions; loving friends and family. I am ready to strap up these boots and go back in. Singing… “I’m going in. I’m going in, I’m going in and Imma go hard…”

1 comment:

  1. It's not just cholesterol! It's your life. A life full of passion and drive. A life that needs not be cut short. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete