Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reality Check

While I was in Pensacola I had this cough. I asked my sister, the nurse, what she thought it was that was causing this it. Jokingly she said, “You might have TB.” Okay so now that I am a hypochondriac, my mind went into panic mode. Considering where I work it could very well be possible. So when I got back to Houston, I scheduled an appointment with my doctor for a TB skin test. I had already wanted to talk to her about my cholesterol medicine, so this TB scare just made the doctor’s visit that much more important.

On Monday I went in for the TB test, and I talked to my doctor about the side effects I have been experiencing with the Lovastatin. She said when I come back to get the TB test read then I can have blood drawn to check my cholesterol. Depending on the results she would either take me off or change my meds. I left feeling a little hopeful, but very worried about the TB results.

Today when I went back to the doctor, the receptionist called me to the back and asked me to sit in the lab chair. She walked away to find the phlebotomist, but before she left she gave me some paperwork. While I was waiting for the phlebotomist, I started looking over the papers that the receptionist had given me. One of the papers had my medical history listed on it. What was listed under my medical history darn near brought tears to my eyes. The paper said I suffered from obesity. Just typing it makes me want to cry.

Currently I am in the over-weight category (5’9, 197lbs), but just last year I was in the obese category (215lbs). Granted I a moving in the right direction, but... (rolling my eyes) According to the CDC website, I need to be between 125 and 169lbs to be at a healthy weight. I must drop at least 30lbs.

I have to do this. I must do this. I have to do this. I HAVE TO DO THIS.

1 comment:

  1. You will do this! You are doing this! Sorry I made you worry.

    ReplyDelete