Saturday, July 9, 2011

Random Thoughts

I must say I haven’t really been feeling like writing lately. Last weekend I went home to Florida to spend time with my family. While I was there my husband made a very interesting comment. He told me that when I am in Florida I always seem to be refreshed, and that he thinks being in Texas drains the energy out of me. Since then I have been giving that comment a whole lot of thought.

Now that I am thinking about it more, I have noticed that I did not have these health issues before I moved to TX. That is not to say that I would not have high cholesterol if I was still in FL, because it could just be genetics. However I am the only one in my family with high cholesterol, ugh! Anyway, did you know out here you can eat at a different restaurant every day for a year and not eat at the same restaurant twice? Yeah where I am from in FL you can't do that. I did not eat out this much when I was in FL. I didn’t sit on my ace this much either. Being out here has really changed my way of life, and not in a good way. If only I could convince my husband to move to FL…

On another note, I am seriously thinking about not taking the lovastatin. That medicine has me so tired at the end of the day. Even though I take it around the same time every night, the next day I am wiped out. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday, and I am going to have to discuss this with her. Of course this means that I am going to have to get disciplined really quickly, and stick to a serious diet and exercise routine. But gosh I can’t continue like this. I am 32yrs old, and I go to bed before nine o’clock!

Also, I finally found the flax seed. I tried eating it with cold cereal; very bad idea. The texture was awful. So I mixed it with my instant oatmeal, and that seem to be a little better. The oatmeal wasn’t all that great though, not sure if it was the flavor of the oatmeal or the flax seed. By eating the oatmeal with flax seed and soy milk, I knock out three steps first thing in the morning! How awesome is that?! For the days that I do not eat my oatmeal for breakfast, I stop by Starbucks and pick up a grande soy latte which gives me 15 of the 20 grams of soy.

At first trying to work in all ten steps seemed to have been overwhelming, but now I have figured out ways to mix them all together. Now if I can just do something about this medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment