Monday, May 30, 2011

Clean and Clear

This weekend turned out to be a really great weekend. No stress and no worries, just a weekend of relaxation. I made a promise to myself that I would check out of Hotel Misery and look for a permanent resident in the Serenity subdivision. The best way I have found to check out is to do a serious cleaning/purging in my home. I am a firm believer that if your house is in chaos, then your life is in chaos.

While doing some much needed cleaning, I realized that my problems are like stains in a carpet. You can sweep, vacuum, spot clean, and steam clean but the stains keep resurfacing. Moving the furniture around will cover up some stains, but it will also reveal some old stains that you tried to cover up before. At some point you just have to pull that old carpet up and replace it with new flooring.

It is amazing how much clarity you have after cleaning house. I would give details, but yeah that is not going to happen…

1 comment:

  1. Feelin you. Wish I had the $$$ to pull up old carpet. ;)

    ReplyDelete